First things first; I own a cleaning company. We provide cleaning staff to homes and businesses that like someone else to help with their daily workload. Because of this I know exactly what our clients want and I know the type of person our clients like coming in to help in their homes. I value the standards that clients require of our cleaning staff; and I know our clients value the fantastic quality our cleaners give back to them.
I also outsource my own cleaning because, like so many of us, I am not a fan of cleaning. I hate ironing and, because I’m a perfectionist, cleaning was taking up too much of my time!
However, along the way I have learnt a few things to ease the household cleaning burden, and I’d like to share some of them with you. Starting with the basics here it goes;
- Dump your junk. Get clutter free.
- Identify your trouble spots, and determine how you’re going to get them cleaned up.
- Learn to prioritize the most important jobs first – usually the ones you hate doing.
- Make a house cleaning checklist to schedule when you will clean, and then stick to it.
- Ask for help from others living in the house with you – you are not the only one responsible for cleaning!
- Gather all your cleaning supplies and place in a bucket or tote.
- Start cleaning from the high points down e.g. top of house to bottom of house and top of cupboards to the floor etc
- My favourite naturally – Your time is worth money – consider hiring someone to do a job it would take you hours to do (lawn mowing, housecleaning). It will free you up to enjoy your precious time off.