While relaxing last night surfing the internet, I noticed a survey that was recently run in the UK by Minitel. It outlines the downturn in spend on household cleaning products and household appliances. It is to be expected that in the recent pocket-tightening climate that our first reaction was to cut spend, but what is unexpected is the rise in bookings of home cleaners reported.
There are so many emotional factors at play when "housework" comes to the fore. As I mentioned last time, it's the thing that most co-habitants argue about, so in recent times perhaps it's not unexpected that the natural need to ease stress and pressure has shown itself in increased bookings in the UK. We ourselves see a positive rise in sales again while not losing any existing customers - a sign of service quality! Hopefully we can continue this trend until the economy has fully recovered.
The reality of our lives is that time is better spent focussing on the things that matter rather than doing or arguing about the smaller jobs, and cleaning is one of these smaller things.
We are often asked what to look for in a good cleaning service and for this we must look to our clients who are the experts in their own requirements. I've put some thoughts together below and if you have any others to add please email us at
- Ask for a detailed description of the services being provided. (We set out our descriptions online and over the phone)
- Ensure you check if there are additional charges and if you will be notified before they are applied. (Incidentally we quote up front with no hidden charges or bait advertising from us!)
- Important to outline YOUR cleaning expectations - what areas and details are crucial to you. (We ask in advance)
- Do you want eco friendly only or a list of all available cleaning products. (We can provide both)
- Agree the best time to suit YOU, the purpose being to ease stress not add to it! (We work to suit your lifestyle)
- Ask about any special services, prices or cleaning specials. (We always have promotional offers on our website – we bet they would suit you)
- Get competitive quotes and compare the specifics of the clean. (We want you to do this – we know we're that good!)
- Get them to expand on their company and ethos - it all boils down to personalities. (We're always happy to talk about us!)
- Trust is very important. (We like to arrange a pre-service visit, where possible, to help build that trust)
Make sure the insurance is comprehensive. (We are fully insured)